Packing and Moving Supplies You Should Use
Getting ready to move?
Unless you’re going to hire someone to pack and move everything for you, you need to have the right tools on hand. And by “tools”, I mean moving supplies.
There are many different packing and moving supplies out there. All of them are useful, but not all of them may be useful for your particular move.
Read on to learn which moving materials you need.
The Packing and Moving Supplies You Should Have
The first step to moving is to dress yourself appropriately. Wears shoes; wear jeans; don’t wear headphones. Beyond that, here are the moving supplies you might need for moving:
- Moving Boxes – Moving boxes come in all shapes and sizes. Learn about the different types of moving boxes available to you.
- Furniture Sliders – They allow you to slide heavy objects around without scratching the flooring.
- Moving Blankets – They protect your stuff from knicks and cracks.
- A Dolly – A dolly is the safest (and easiest) way to move large appliances and furniture.
- Packaging – Bubble wrap, styrofoam peanuts, and balled up paper will help protect your stuff in boxes.
- Tape – Get some sturdy tape, like shipping or duct tape.
- Rope – Good rope will help secure things in place.
- Labels – All moving boxes should be labeled.
- Gloves – Gloves, like carpenter’s gloves, not mittens, will help you grip heavy furniture and protect your fingers.
Learn about how to find free versions of all of these moving supplies!