What Are Cross-Country Moving Companies?
Cross-country movers are moving companies licensed to transport personal belongings across state lines. They also have the necessary resources to transport stuff for thousands of miles, which many local moving companies do not.
Most cross-country moving companies are very well-known, because they have offices in each state. They are the biggest of the big. They can hook you up with great deals due to their resources, but they can also be difficult to deal with due to their large sizes and countless employees.
Common Traits of Cross-Country Moving Companies:
- Licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Licensed by specific states where required
- Large staffs, allowing it to handle numerous time-consuming, distant moves
- Have large, durable trucks capable of distant moves
- Multiple offices in multiple states
- Popular names
Get some free national moving quotes.