How to Move a Hot Tub
Need to move a hot tub?
How to Move a Hot Tub on Your Own
Because of their weight, size, and price-tag, hot tubs are one of the more difficult things to move. However, if you have some helping hands (preferably 3-4 people, though it’s possible with 2), then you can handle it quite easily.
- Drain the hot tub, obviously
- Separate removable parts – like the heater, pumps and plugs. Wrap and box the more fragile parts.
- Place 2x4s – put them parallel to each other just next to the hot tup. Space them just lest than the height of the hot tub. So, if the hot tub is 3 ft, space the 2x4s about 2.5 ft apart.
- Tip the tub – put it on its side so that its side is resting on the 2x4s.
- Switch dolly for 2x4s – either slide the dolly under the 2x4s (if possible), or slide the hot tub off the 2x4s onto the dolly.
- Strap – tie the hot tub to the dolly.
- Wheel – carefully wheel the dolly to where you need to go. If you need to get the hot tub into a moving truck, make sure there is a ramp available.