What Size Storage Unit Do I Need?
You know what would suck?
Spending too much on storage. The easiest way to do this is by renting a storage unit that’s too big. But how does the average person know what size storage unit is right for them?
We’re here to help with our handy storage unit size chart:
Storage Unit Sizes and What They Can Fit
- 5×5 – the knick-knacks and small furniture (chairs) of a single room.
- 5×10 – the stuff of a single room, including normal furniture (couch, bed).
- 10×10 – much of a large room or apartment, including large furniture and appliances.
- 10×15 – two to three bedrooms or a two-room apartment.
- 10×20 – most of the furniture and knick-knacks of a small house. Capable of fitting a vehicle or extremely large furniture / appliances.
- 15×20 – most anything you can think of — much of the furniture and knick-knacks of a large house.
- 20×20 – enough.
Check here for business storage unit sizes.
For pricing, get some estimates from our storage unit cost calculator. Also, learn how you can lower your monthly bill by finding cheap self storage.