free moving quotes
- How to Find a Moving Company
- Hiring a You-Pack Company
- How Much Does Move Out Cleaning Cost?
- How to Transport Alcohol Over State Lines
- Tying a Mattress to a Car
- How Much Does Self Storage Cost?
- Best Locks for Storage Units
- Sample Moving Contracts
- The Difference Between Leases and Subleases
- Terms to Include in Your Moving Contract
How to Load a Moving Pod
Got a moving pod?
It’ll be hard to control your excitement when you first see your moving pod. How will you fill it? When will you fill it? Oh, how metal-ly it is!
However, you should take a few minutes to compose yourself and plan your loading before you just start tossing stuff in.
How to Load a Moving Pod, Step-by-Step
- Get Supplies - You’ll need moving boxes, packaging, tape, labels and rope. Learn where to get free moving supplies.
- Pack your stuff – Put what you can into moving boxes, which will make loading easier. Make sure to pack your stuff securely.
- Plan - Figure out how larger items will fit in the moving pod before you start putting them in.
- Be careful - Just because you rented a moving pod doesn’t mean you won’t pull your back by lifting too much.
- Secure items in place - Who know how the you-pack company will treat your pod. Rather than have your stuff flying all around with reckless movers, use rope, tape and packaging to secure everything in place.