Moving Out Cleaning Checklist
Got your bottle of 409 and scrubs?
It’s almost time, then, to get cleaning your place for moving out. However, before you start wiping, mopping and digging up grime, take a look at out moving out cleaning checklist.
MovingGuru.com’s Cleaning Checklist
In order from first to last–
- Repair & repaint walls
- Repair any broken items – Like blinds, handrails, etc.
- Clean the fridge – Defrost it, too.
- Clean the kitchen appliances – Including the oven.
- Clean furniture – Scrub out stains, wash covers.
- Wash windows, blinds and screens
- Unpack all drawers and cabinets
- Dust everything – Counters, cabinets, fridge-tops…
- Scrub everything – Toilets, sinks, counters
- Wipe everything down – Use cleaning products (like 409) and polish/wax/finishing where necessary.
- Sweep floors & vacuum carpet
- Mop floors
- Wax floors (if necessary)
- Wash carpets (if necessary)
- Review – Check for any missed items, stains, and problem areas.
Hire help – If things are clearly not cleaned enough, and you’ve done your best, it’s time to hire a professional. Learn how to hire a cleaning service.